Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Life or Death?

The bible says in Romans 6:23 that the wages of sin is DEATH. When I first read this I didn't fully understand it because we are born sinners and  what was God trying to tell me in this verse because how I was living wasn't causing me to die. I use to be out there kicking it and doing my thing. I was the biggest sinner and still alive so what was the bible talking about?

I had to go back to God's Word for answers. In Genesis God created man in his own image. The first man Adam had flesh but also had a spirit that was breathed in him by God. The spirit is also eternal like God because he made our spirit like his own likeness. As for our flesh it will die and when we do our spirit goes back to God. This is where the wages of sin comes to play. When our spirit goes back to God we will be held accountable for everything we did on earth while we were living. Have you ever sinned in your lifetime? God's law also states if you break one law you break them all James 2:10. God does not know sin and in his court of spiritial law the wages of sin is death.This is the second death of your spirit which only God can destroy. We can't stand before a Holy God as a sinful man and think we can win our case.

God already knew that all have sinned and fall short of his glory so he gave us a way to be redeemed. He sent his son Jesus who died for sins and paid for our debts with his blood. Jesus said in John 14:6 “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."Now when we go before the God for judgment, he now sees his son Jesus in us and we are seen as righteous the case is thrown out. Jesus gives us eternal LIFE and if we choose to live in sin and reject Jesus you choose an eternal death. Choose LIFE my people and that is through Jesus Christ.

God Bless!!
GodsWatchdog.

No comments:

Post a Comment