Sunday, June 29, 2014

Do you really LOVE the Lord?

Do you really love the Lord that is the question? Yes I did and as a child I had all the love in my heart. I got saved when I was 12 at the AWANA program in Steilacoom at that church next to Albertsons and in my twenties I soon began to fall away from the Lord. I loved making money, kicking it with my homies, and getting females. Did I really love the Lord? I though since I was saved and that justified loving the Lord. In truth I didn't love the Lord, I loved the world. I loved doing what I wanted to do,  I loved kicking it, and loved making money. I still was a Christian going through struggles and living the double minded. Proffessing a love for Jesus but doing a total opposite of what he preaches. You know the saying actions speak louder than words is so true. With my actions I was pledging my alligence with the devil.  I was a blinded prisoner of the devil that was lost and my love for the things of the world  was stronger than my love for Jesus.

Our God is good and Jesus never left my side. The holy spirit began working in me and the things that I loved before wouldn't interest me anymore. When I did partake the holy spirit would convict me and I would feel bad after. I soon began to read the word, study great evangalists, and even write down some of my thoughts. God began to take the blindfolds off my eyes and break the shackles off my hands. I looked at bible verses like Mattew 22:37 which states the greatest commandment is to love the Lord with all your heart and John 14:15 which Jesus says if you love me keep my commandments. These two verses inspired me to write this post, God showed me that I am a sinner and I must ask for forgiveness. We all fall short of Gods glory, we must repent for our sins and keep the Lord Jesus Christs commandments. By keeping the Lords commandmends we show our love for the Lord Jesus Christ. Do you really love the Lord?

May God Bless!!!
GodsWatchdog

No comments:

Post a Comment