Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Depending on the Lord.

As I continue my walk with the Lord I am learning to be more completely dependent on him. As a husband and a father of three children my family is dependent on me for financial stability and I take pride in able to provide for my family. I don't want anyone in my household going without, I am to provide for my family as the Lord has provided for me. Ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find. I treat the scripture as TRUTH and we are sometimes get  in the way of our own blessings that God promised.

I look back at my life and came to realize that God as provided everything that I asked for and then some. I asked for a wife and a family and I now have that, I asked for a great job and I now have that, and I also asked for a home for my family and he has also provided me with that.  On top of all those things he has also given me and my family good health along with a good head on our shoulders. As I look back and see all he has done for me I see over the years I have taken things God has provided for me for granted. I was thinking that I can do everything on my own and not being thankful for what I do have. I turned on the TV and seen what happened in the Philippines, people have no food, water, or shelter and don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. These people have nothing and not only in the Philippines, also in the third world counties people are thankful for everything have because they have nothing. God has blessed me and my family, I have to use the blessings that God has given me to bless others in need.

God has put me through trials and tribulations as he does us all, but each time he does it makes me stronger and brings me closer to him. I am beginning to understand more about that childlike faith when we come to him. Just as we provide for our children, we must come to God as his children because he promised that he will always provide.

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment